How To Choose a Pest Control Company
Not all pest control businesses are equal when it comes to reputation, qualifications, and capability. It’s important to do your research to determine the ideal option for your specific pest problem. Focus on these key factors when hiring a pest control company:
You should look for a pest control company that focuses their business on the pest you have, like rodents, roaches, bed bugs, or termites. The company should describe how they go about treating your type of pest.
The ideal pest management provider will employ technicians that have state licenses and are certified in pest control methods by associations like the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). These credentials demonstrate that the technicians have received proper training. You’ll also want to inquire with each company about ongoing education for their employees.
Experience and Reputation
We suggest checking out customer reviews before scheduling a pest control appointment. Google, Yelp, and other sites will show whether a company consistently provides quality service and a good customer experience. Also check the Better Business Bureau website for any complaints that have been filed. Ask about the kind of continuing education technicians receive to stay current on best pest control practices. When you choose a provider from our list of Abilene’s best pest control, you can rest easy knowing you’re hiring an expert that meets our quality and review standards.
Green Pest Control
If you prefer natural pest control methods, look for companies with “green” certifications. For bigger animals such as mice or squirrels, ask if a provider offers humane trapping and relocation. Bear in mind natural options may not work as well for significant infestations. If you have a considerable pest problem, you may need more potent traditional solutions. Regardless of what methods you choose, any pesticides that are classified as greater than minimal risk must be registered with the EPA.
Reliable pest control providers normally offer service guarantees for recurring plans. These guarantees mean the provider will come back and re-treat your home at no cost if there are still pests after the first treatment. One-time services usually don’t include reservice guarantees.
Questions To Ask Pest Control Companies
After choosing your top pest management services, contact each one with questions such as these:
- Can you provide your full price quote and service plan in writing upfront? This allows you to evaluate exterminator pricing and avoid companies that have poorly-defined or confusing terms and conditions or tack on hidden fees.
- What results should I reasonably anticipate after the initial and follow-up services? The company should establish clear expectations about pest eradication timelines and benchmarks.
- When can you start the treatment process at? You’ll want to begin treatment ASAP before the infestation grows.
- How many times throughout the year will you need to treat my property once the initial visit is complete? Most companies offer regular, semi-regular, or annual service plans to check for reinfestations.
- What pest control techniques and approaches does your company use? Make sure the techniques align with your goals for traditional options versus natural options. Get details about the chemicals that the company will use.
Assess potential pest control companies based on their answers to these questions. This will enable you to pick the best provider to effectively fix your pest problem at a reasonable cost.