How To Choose a Pest Control Company
Not all pest control providers are the identical in reputation, skill set, and competence. Evaluating providers helps you identify the right choice for your pest problem. Focus on these key factors when hiring a pest control company:
It’s best to choose a pest control company that has expertise handling your specific problem, whether it’s bed bugs, termites, roaches, rodents, or something else. The company should provide detailed explanations of its expertise with your specific pest.
The ideal pest control company will employ technicians that have state licenses and are certified in pest control methods by organizations like the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). These credentials indicate that the technicians have received proper training. You’ll also want to inquire with each company about ongoing education for their employees.
Experience and Reputation
Before booking an appointment, browse online reviews on sites such as Google or Yelp to see which providers have a proven track record of providing effective service and positive customer experiences. Also look for complaints with the Better Business Bureau. Inquire about the ongoing training the company’s technicians receive to ensure they stay up to date on the latest pest control methods and treatments. When you select an exterminator from our list of Lynchburg’s best pest control, you can feel confident knowing that you’re hiring an expert that meets our quality and review standards.
Green Pest Control
If you prefer natural pest control methods, look for providers that advertise “green” certifications. For bigger animals such as mice or snakes, ask if a provider offers gentle catch and release programs. But keep in mind natural options may not work as well for significant infestations. If you have a substantial pest problem, you may need more potent traditional solutions. No matter your approach to pest control, all pesticides that are classified as greater than minimal risk are required to be registered with the EPA.
Reputable pest control providers usually offer service guarantees for continuing plans. The guarantees mean that a company will return to re-treat your home at no cost if pests remain after the initial treatment. One-off treatments may not include these reservice guarantees.
Questions To Ask Pest Control Companies
Once you have compiled a list of a few top contending pest control companies, reach out to each of them and be prepared to ask these kinds of questions:
- What results should I reasonably expect after the initial and follow-up visits? The company should provide a clear timeline for when pests will be eradicated.
- What pest control plans and procedures does your company use? Make sure the methods suit your preferences for typical chemical treatments versus natural options. Get details about the chemicals that the company will use.
- How soon can you start the process? It’s important to begin the process ASAP before the infestation grows.
- How often will you provide follow-up visits after the first treatment? Many companies provide monthly, quarterly, or yearly service programs to help stop infestations from returning.
- Can you give me detailed pricing information and service plan details in writing? This allows you to analyze exterminator pricing and avoid companies that have non-specific terms and conditions or tack on hidden fees.
Carefully review potential pest control providers using these questions. This will help you select the right provider to safely and effectively eliminate your pest problem at a reasonable price.